Sure, you may experience some buildup between your teeth and you might even get a few cavities…
but there are other things that you need to be concerned about.
To help you understand the risks, I have compiled the top 5 terrifying things that will happen to your mouth if you don’t floss.
What Happens If I Don’t Floss?
- Bad Breath – Neglecting to floss may be the culprit for bad breath that you can’t seem to get rid of. Leftover food particles from last weeks lunch are bound to not smell so great, right?
- Tartar Buildup – Tartar is a very hard substance that must be removed by your dentist. Tartar is basically plaque that has been left untreated and has solidified over time. It’s not cool nor pretty.
- Bleeding Gums – If your gum is healthy, your gum tissue does not bleed. If your gums bleed when you brush, floss or eat, then there is a strong chance that you may have one of these two, gingivitis or periodontitis. Both of these conditions are types of gum disease.
- Premature Tooth Loss – Gum disease causes the gums to pull away from the teeth, leaving pockets of space for bacteria to grow and weaken the tooth structure. This can be dangerous, because eventually gum disease will lead to premature tooth loss (as well as a number of other problems).
- Cavities – Bacteria that is not disturbed will eventually lead to tooth decay (cavities). Cavities are problematic not just because they require fillings, but because they disrupt the original tooth structure. Once a tooth has a filling or two, it slowly becomes weaker, leading to more necessary dental work down the road.
Considering all of the terrifying things that will happen to your mouth if you don’t floss, we think everyone can agree that flossing is worth 1-2 minutes of their time each day, unless you’re using Waterpik Cordless Advanced.
I highly recommend the Waterpik Cordless Advanced, because I personally tried it, and you can literally floss whenever and wherever you want.
Waterpik Cordless Flosser is so powerful that it makes dental flossing and every other kind of flossing seems useless, because it IS THAT GOOD, don’t believe me, give it a try. I think you’ll be pretty satisfied with the results.